Back to Top
- Detoxification is explored fundamentally through genetic profiling and lifestyle optimisation. Genetically impaired liver detox pathways can be compensated for through the use of a tailored diet and supplement regime.
- Heavy metals eg. Dental amalgams, mercury from fish etc, can accumulate in the body and impair cellular function. The ability of the body to scavenge and remove heavy metals is determined genetically. Our heavy metal testing includes hair analysis, urine porphyrins and genetic profiling. We also test urine kryptopyrroles – pyrrole disorder is a common genetic condition that causes a chronic zinc deficit that impairs the body’s ability to produce metallothionine, our natural metal scavenging protein. We support the body to improve the naturally occurring scavenging and chelation pathways that are used to safely remove these heavy metals from the body.
Back to Top
- OAT - Organic Acid Testing, used to look at the mitochondrial (our cellular “batteries”) energy production cycle of particular use in chronic fatigue syndrome and autism. OAT also explores brain neurotransmitters (eg serotonin) for evaluating mood disorders and mental health.
- Metal Detox - refer to Detoxification.
- EFA – Essential Fatty Acid Profiles: our bodies require a balanced quantity of omega 3, 6 & 9. Omega 3, derived from fish and flax, is integrated into cell membranes allowing cells to communicate with each other. This reservoir of omega 3 fatty acids can be mobilised to act as natural anti-inflammatories in the blood stream.
- Oxidative Stress – specific blood testing to elucidate free radicle damage to cells and DNA. This testing helps to track accelerated aging through a neglected diet and life style. We design and implement a customised program that helps repair the damage and slow the aging process.
- Vitamin and Mineral Profiling - Comprehensive blood testing to explore trace micronutrient deficiencies which impact many bio-chemical pathways including liver detox, hormone function and brain neurotransmitters. To compensate for these deficiencies we will implement dietary interventions, practitioner grade supplements, and /or intra-muscular and intravenous vitamins as indicated.
Back to Top
Our gastrointestinal integrity is fundamental to our health, nutrition and immune system. A leaky or hyperpermeable gut wall will permit food particles and gut flora toxins to pass through the barrier that would not normally allow their passage. This incites a cascade of inflammatory events, initiated in the immune tissue lining the gut wall; present as our surveillance system against the external world. The gut wall can be damaged by an imbalance in our gut flora (dysbiosis), gut pathogens (including parasites/yeast/pathogenic bacteria), pesticide residues in our food chain, pharmaceutical drugs eg NSAIDS, anaesthetics, food allergies and intolerances, antibodies attacking the gut wall eg gluten antibodies/coeliac disease, plus a neglected diet failing to provide the nutrients required for ongoing gut wall repair.,
Irritable bowel syndrome is a loose term to describe impaired bowel habits (eg diarrhoea/constipation), bloating and flatulence. Our IBS screening is comprehensive, covering a 100-300 food allergy screen on blood testing, very sensitive coeliac screening including stool trasglutaminase IgA and coeliac gene screening, comprehensive digestive stool analyses to cover dysbiosis, pathogen screening, digestive parameters, inflammatory bowel wall and tumour markers. Treatment targets specific issues uncovered, including tailored probiotics, antimicrobial/antifungal/antiparasitic herbs, targeted compounded antibiotics as appropriate, elimination of food allergies and intolerances/dietary interventions and gut wall repair.
Back to Top
We use a range of customised genetic panels to highlight your personalised genetic profile to determine which nutritional and lifestyle factors may optimally influence your health and longevity. Your ability to lose weight, for example, can be strongly influenced by genetic factors, and through genetic testing we can assess what changes you may need to undertake to counter any adverse genetic predisposition. The genetic profiling can cover such diverse screening areas as breast cancer risk profiling, body composition, cardiovascular risk screening, blood pressure risks, liver detoxification pathways, oxidative stress pathways, metal clearance, mood and addictions, osteoporosis risks, circadian rhythm and sleep.
Genetic testing is supported by extensive scientific medical research and practically applied evidence based programs and are becoming more widely used by health professionals trained in this specialty area. Patient genomics truly is customised medicine.
Back to Top
Mood disorders, such as anxiety and depression, plus other mental health conditions such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, can be readily evaluated to trace their biochemical aetiology.
Back to Top
Customised Intravenous vitamins are prescribed by our Vitality Hub wholistic doctors and contain a synergistic, balanced combination of vitamin and minerals. The combination is administered intravenously to help the treatment of a range of ailments and increase cellular energy and vitality.
The standard formula consists of high dose Vitamin C, glutathione, alpha lipoic acid, zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B complex. Vitamin C is an important antioxidant that helps the immune system ward off bacterial and viral infections. It is an essential cofactor in many metabolic and biochemical processes in the body.
Many people have benefitted from this protocol restoring their energy and stamina levels. Intravenous treatments are more effective than oral therapy for rapidly increasing blood levels of nutrients, and bypass the gastrointestinal wall, particularly useful if gut wall integrity is compromised.How is the protocol given?
The IV is prescribed by one of the wholistic doctors and is administered by a registered nurse who mixes all the ingredients into a sterile IV bag and it is then infused slowly over a period of 30 to 45 minutes.Is It Safe?
The treatment is safe and effective and is a minimally invasive therapy that is well tolerated by most people. It carries a low risk of serious adverse side effects. The only contraindication to intravenous vitamin c is the inherited enzyme deficiency G6PD.
In addition to the use of intravenous vitamin therapy, we offer chelation therapy using DMPS or EDTA for mercury and other heavy metal detoxification, plus improvement of sclerosed arteries in coronary heart disease and peripheral vascular disease.
Chelation therapy is a treatment to be considered for conditions of reduced blood flow, any situations of heavy metal toxicity or tissue overload and various chronic immune system disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Back to Top
Our integrative doctors are highly trained in this specialised area of Integrative medicine, which we prescribe for women in the menopause and perimenopause and men entering andropause, plus patients in adrenal fatigue.
We do not prescribe synthetic hormones (including synthetic HRT and oral contraceptive pill) due to their breast cancer and thrombo-embolic (clotting) risk. We offer bioidentical hormone prescriptions as a safer alternative for men and women, having established deficiencies on blood, saliva or 24 hour urine testing. Our aim is to restore deficient hormones to the upper half of the bell-curve lab range, so that the body has adequate reserves to work with.
Bioidentical hormones have existed since the 1950s (pre-dating synthetic HRT), and are biochemically identical to the hormones we produce in our bodies:- oestradiol (E2 oestrogen), progesterone, DHEA, testosterone, cortisol, pregnenolone and growth hormone. They bind to the same hormone receptors as our own hormones do, not selective receptors as is the case with synthetic HRT. Bioidentical hormones are available on prescription through a compounding chemist in Australia, and as natural substances, cannot be patented by pharmaceutical companies (unlike synthetic hormones).
Vitality Hub wholistic doctors are also trained in the Wiley Protocol, a US protocol which recreates the rhythmic cycles for men and women. This protocol re-establishes the day 12 oestrogen and day 21 progesterone peaks for females over 28 days, and cycled testosterone and DHEA for males over 28 days using topical hormone creams with the doses adjusted daily.
Clinical observations have shown excellent results with this newer protocol as the cycled doses mimicking our body's natural production of these hormones effectively raises hormone receptors, rather than lowers them, as occurs with static (same) daily dosing. The improved quality of life benefits incl mood stability, memory, libido, sleep, controlling hot flushes and night sweats, improving urinary irritation and vaginal dryness, dry skin and dry eyes.
Our Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor (TCM) Oscar Moreno offers the following services:
- Acupuncture and electro-acupuncture
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Dietary therapy
- Gua sha
Oscar's focus is in Women's health, pain management, cardiovascular and immune issues. Using Traditional Chinese Medicine Oscar works with the patient to heal and improve health and vitality. He also has an interest in;-
Diarrhoea and constipation
Vomiting and nausea
Mental health – support and management of emotional and mental issues including anxiety, depression, fluctuating mood, sleeping disorders
Fertility and IVF – such as female and male fertility issues; IVF protocols; support during pregnancy; breech position management; and labour induction
Chronic diseases of all areas.
A Chinese medicine session with Oscar will ensure that the right treatments and prescriptions are tailored to your specific needs. It is common to combine different treatment methods to achieve the most efficient therapeutic effect